Re: swallowed apps

On Sun, 2002-10-27 at 15:13, Alan wrote:

> As for an applet, well, that's great, where is it?  I realize that
> everyone is working on 2.[1|2].x, but if it's that easy to create an
> applet to duplicate this functionaity, why wasn't one included so that
> my already cluttered window list applet could be freed up some more?

This is free software, where people vote with their code (or more
generally, vote with their contributions). It's not something other
people do for us, its something we do for ourselves. When this subject
came up back in March, there was a short discussion of it, no one seemed
to want it very bad, as evidenced by the fact that no one was willing to
step forward with the energy to make it happen.

It was John Dewey, IIRC, who argued that we should measure the strength
of a person's desire for something not by what they say, but by their
willingness to act.[1]

Cheers,
John

[1] Or if he didn't say it, he should have.
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead