Re: The Panel needs simplification

Hi Mark,

On 22 Oct 2002, MArk Finlay wrote:

[panel + menubar applet]
> I've been thinking about this for a while. Is making the menu panel a
> normal panel with an applet not a lot like adding an option instead of
> fixing the problem.

I don't think so. There is no reason for the menu panel to be a "special
case" of panel to begin with. But before restarting that discussion,
please read this thread:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-February/msg00094.html

> I like the applet because it lets me add a top level settings menu.

What applet are you referring to? If you mean the menu applet, then why
would you still prefer the menu panel as it is?

> indignation at not being given the option rather than a genuine reason
> why they would ever want to have the menu panel at the side or bottom of
> the screen.

Personal taste. Plus, it feels intuitive to be able to drag a panel to
wherever you like it to be.

regards,

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778