Re: Confusing desktop preferences preference dialogs.

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 23:26, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> This is probably a hideously bad assumption, but could we just change the
> icon theme as we change the widget theme for now? Advanced users can gconf-
> editorise the icon theme if they have issues with the one chosen. It would
> have to fall back on 'gnome' of course (why isn't this called 'Default'?).
>
> (This would work with Bluecurve and the a11y themes already.)
>
> - Jeff

Well depends if you are willing to lose the feature of icon theming
(from an end users standpoint). I'm afraid if we don't provide some sort
of ui for this we'll be flamed to death as nautilus themes tended to be
pretty popular in the past. To be honest I'd really rather not lose the
functionality.

dave