Metacity's window min size, and panel's stay-on-top

Currently there is no way to freely move the window around the screen if its minimal size is bigger than the screen. Since I work at 800x600, this is a big issue for me (in fact, it makes metacity unusable - some apps just aren't well-behaved at low-res). The current behaviour is that the window movement will block at the upper screen edge, even when the window is handled with the Alt-click in the middle of the window. I believe a window should be movable as long as any of its parts is visible.

The other problem is GNOME 2's panel's insistence to stay on top of the other windows, which can't be turned off any longer. This would be fine, if it didn't stay on top both MPlayer and Xine in fullscreen mode. Currently I use Sawfish and work around this by setting panel's depth to -15 (and Nautilus' desktop depth to -16). I think it'd make a lot more sense for the panel to play nice with window managers (and let the override-redirect windows cover it).

   Miro