Re: libbonoboui referencing screwup

Hi Jaka,

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 14:36, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> I just rebuilt the whole lot of GNOME 2.0.x yesterday and it seems to me
> that the referencing scheme in libbonoboui doesn't work anymore!

	That would be bad. Incidentally - the best place for this mail is
gnome-components-list.

> now, someone (the client side, the ControlFrame, I suppose) leaks a
> reference to the BonoboControl object and therefore the server side does
> not die!

	That's bad - ultimately the fairly small amount of fixage since then
has been in order to reduce internal leakage; I'd be surprised if it
didn't result in a net improvement in this sort of thing;

> everything worked fine with my previous GNOME 2.0.x build (from August
> 23rd CVS) and the problem went away when I rebuilt the older version of
> libbonoboui (namely the one from the gnome-2-0-0 tag).

	Aug 23 is bonobo-2.0.2 yes ? can you verify vs. the LIBBONOBOUI_2_0_2
tag ?

> does anyone have an idea? michael?

	No ideas; nope - but the number of changes since then is small; cf.
ChangeLog - can you help by binary chopping them ? should take ~2
re-builds / runs I think. NB. you only need to do a make
install-libLTLIBRARIES in libbonoboui/bonobo to make it work nicely.

	HTH,

		Michael.