Re: [FWD: Re: the keyboard accessibility caplet]

Hi,

Some late user thoughts on Bill's experiment.

It reminded me of an aspect Windows' AccessX equivalent that as a user
I don't like about it. CDE's Settings UI for AccessX is pretty ugly
but one thing I think it has going for it is you need go no further to
fine tune any setting once you click the settings button - all the
sliders, checkboxes, etc. are right there, no need to click on
additional buttons or navigate to additional windows to get your task(s)
completed.  The results clearly show the keyboard UI nav. differences
between Window's and GNOME's Access* UIs.
  - Windows is inefficient in that it forces users to perform more
    keystrokes and context switches to get to where tweaking a setting
    is possible.
  - By comparison and with the exception of RepeatKeys, the AccessX
    capplet beta is already more efficient than Windows' and I think
    Calum's new proposed design would make it even better in efficiency
    and looks (see URL). Cool.

	http://www.gnome.org/~calum/accessx

Earl