Re: lock down features

> It's OK Jeff, I'm allowed to be frustrated:-)

Perhaps being slightly more constructive about your input would garner a
better response. "Wow, this would be really cool, how can I help?" vs. "This
is a disgrace, I can't believe this is not implemented yet."

Bit different.

>  I'm just
> surprised that a feature, lets call it an "enterprise" feature for lack
> of a better term, such as this is coming in from behind instead of
> being a design consideration right from the get go.
>
> Maybe I don't understand GConf completely and the capability is already
> there.  I recall GConf going to have the ability for other backends
> such as LDAP.  Is that still the case?  I also recall many discussions
> about GConf and bonobo-conf back sometime ago, this feature was
> discussed then as well.

GConf provides the infrastructure (and design considerations) for these
features, and already includes two backends (xml and bdb). Now Havoc has
brought up the goal of full lockdown capabilities, and without going off
topic too far or starting a mudslinging match, we'll probably develop a plan
for doing it.

Please, keep your contributions positive.

- Jeff

--
  So, "Jeffrey" seems to mean "the ineffectual, victimised guy in
  American movies" in four different languages.