Re: StartupNotify=true

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:59:27AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Havoc,
>
> On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 06:02, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >  If and only if launching this desktop file *always* results in
> >  sending an "end startup notification" message, add the line
> >  "StartupNotify=true" to the .desktop file. Otherwise, add
> >  "StartupNotify=false" so we know we examined the .desktop file.
>
> 	Is it not better to have a default of True for this; such that there is
> only the need to add a few tags to a few files ?

If you default to True then every non-GTK-2.2 app will get stuck
startup notification until its .desktop file is fixed. It's not
backward compatible.

I am highly against any stuck notification because it will lead to
people whining about how they want to be able to turn startup
notification off.  ;-)

Havoc