Re: Queries about release specifications [Was: who gets in and why]

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 07:04:31AM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	Maintainers review code every day.

> 	Sure, I don't want to make it any less fun. By the sounds of
> it, you think ensuring patches get reviewed or having new ideas
> reviewed with a GEP makes contributing less fun?

Maintainers review additions to code they are familiar with.
Reviewing larger projects well is less feasible.  GEPs are also
another kettle of fish, they are high level discussions on new
elements.  Don't get me wrong I'm as big a stickler for code quality
as the next maintainer.  However, I prefer guidelines to rules and
would rather the community is relaxed.