Re: GEP-4 : Versioning and branching rules proposal

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 11:18, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> 2.2 CVS branching and tagging
> This branching and tagging rules are based on previous discussions in
> desktop-devel list.
> Hypothesis : GNOME X.Y is the target release.

> * All development for X.Y release is done on HEAD branch.
> * When development is done for X.Y (ie X.Y.0 is released), HEAD branch
>   should be tagged as GNOME_X_Y_0_ANCHOR and gnome-X-Y should be
>   created.
> * All commits for X.Y.Z should be done on both gnome-X-Y AND HEAD
>   branchs (to prevent regressions) and new developments/features (for
>   GNOME X.Y+2) should only go on HEAD branch.

I believe that this section should also mention policy for tagging
versions within modules. For example, when gnome-games 2.0.4 is
released, the module should be tagged with GNOME_GAMES_2_0_4.

Ross
                                           jabber: ross nerdfest org
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./