Re: "Desktop preferences" as a top-level item

Seth Nickell wrote:

Design A:

A new top-level menu be created for settings (named the most familiar
word we can find, I suspect that's "settings"). Setting's structure is
as follows:

Settings
  |-> Desktop -> (or "Personal")
  |-> Servers ->
  |-> Computer -> (or "System")
  |-> Background
  |-> Font
  |-> Sound
  \-> Theme
What do you think about using the term "Services" instead of "Servers"? As has been pointed out previously, the word server is associated with both "certain types of programs running on my system" and the "that systme in the machine room that stores my files". I guess services would be less confusing for new users, and still recognisable to experienced users (Daemons is another less ambiguous word, but I doubt it means much to new users).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.