Re: two simple flex and bison patches

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> Hi,
>
> since lots of people get errors during the build of libIDL in garnome
> because of missing flex, I've made two really small patches to
> configure.in in two modules that check and fatally fail during configure
> if these are missing.
>
> I'm posting them here because it'd sure be nice if they got in before
> 2.0.2 and the next garnome, instead of lying around for weeks.  They're
> pretty trivial, but I don't have any experience on non-i686-linux boxes so
> please take a quick look at it to make sure they also look right for
> solaris and others.

	Sorry for the delay in replying. The libIDL patch looks fine.
You just need to get release team apporval if it is to go in before
2.0.2.

	Btw, libIDL *does* require flex ... here's and excerpt from
the ChangeLog

1999-04-24  Andrew T. Veliath  <andrewtv usa net>

        * configure.in: Print a warning if flex isn't installed (one
        can still compile the source distributed flex scanner, however).

        * lexer.l (__IDL_lex_cleanup): Call YY_NEW_FILE.  Because of
        this we now require flex, this is not in standard lex.

	(how can anyone think a ChangeLog isn't useful :-)

Good Luck,
Mark.