Re: Re-inventing Metatheme

On 28 Aug 2002, Bill Haneman wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 05:35, Seth Nickell wrote:
>
> > But just looking at each individual theme type switching  itself....
> > This is on my laptop (500 MHz right now since I'm on battery):
> >
> >   Window border, switch Wonderland -> Crux: < 1 sec
> >   Control, switch Default -> PrettyOkayish: < 1 sec
> >   Nautilus, switch Crux -> Eazel          : 3.5 sec
>
> On my laptop it seems a little slower.. but if you add these up, plus
> background and font, the total time does exceed the rule-of-thumb for
> instant-apply, which I believe it <= 1 sec.

Well, if you change from say highcontrast to lowcontrastlargeprint you
already effectively get a frame chanmge throw in as they all get
resized/repainted. If you have nautilus set to 'gnome' theme and do the
same the efefct is more or less the same as a metatheme change might be.
This doesn't "feel" too slow, esp as its visible that everything is
repainting itself, but I suppose its subjective...

> -Bill

	Sander

	This is the place where all
	the junkies go