Re: pkg-config question

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 15:55, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Hm, that's HUGELY annoying ;) Is there any way I can work around this,

	Yes - essentially you have to ensure that you install mutually
incompatible stuff into mutually non-included prefixes.

	ie. if you're going to want to link gstreamer in /opt/gstreamer with
Gnome in /opt/gnome then don't go installing a different version of
gstreamer in /opt/gnome - install it in /opt/gstreamer-hacked-up or
whatever.

	That way it seems to work fine; as for the -L ordering - I've never
seen that as a bug; any other solution would only introduces
unneccessary complexity it seems to me.

	Regards,

		Michael.