Re: who gets in and why, aka the GNOME Desktop inclusion criteria

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 08:48:59PM -0500, Eric Baudais wrote:
> While I feel you have a good set of standards for the GNOME desktop to
> live up to I believe you have left out one of the most important
> requirements.  I think all GNOME desktop applications need to have good
> documentation.  This means the documentation uses the tools provided by
> the GDP to display and install the documentation.  The documentation
> follows the GNOME Documentation Style Guide and the GNOME Handbook of
> Writing Documentation.  The documentation is a11y compliant.  Good
> documentation is key to usability and educating newbies about the GNOME
> desktop and Free Software.

Well, yes and no as to whether it was left out. There was a reference to
the porting guide and I guess that was implictly talking mostly about
this page:

	http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/porting/ar01s02.html

where it gives a description of the steps required to be "fully ported"
(for some definition of that phrase that Telsa, Glynn and I made up on
IRC one night a long while ago). See step 4 of that checklist. :)

Cheers,
Malcolm