The problem (?) of gedit in handling different encoding file.

Hi,

	As I have to frequently use gedit to view, and edit different encoding file at the same time, in gnome1, I can use `LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.Big5 gedit big-doc.txt` to start the gedit which use 'zh_TW.Big5' as the locale and process my document nicely. When I also want to view an UTF-8 file, I can `LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.UTF-8 gedit utf8-doc.txt`. Then, I'll get two gedit on the desktop, each has a different locale and process the file in which correctly.

	But, now, in gnome 2, gedit 2 doesn't preform this. If I do the two command again, only one gedit will start buf with two tab, which one is containing the document. Actually this is a very good feature (at least when I first see it). But for my situation, there is problem. It seems that gedit only use one encoding for all files within different tabs.

	Can I use any cmd-option to control the gedit that, don't start with tab, and use an seperate process to a new call to gedit?? Or will gedit provide some feature, to real time encoding selection by user (e.g. user can select an preperred encoding for the editing document)??

	Lastly, hope that, a little comment can comes up a more better gedit ^^.

Zenith