Re: Two glade features that would be very useful for HIG

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 02:08, Seth Nickell wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 08:13, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> > > 1) GtkDialogs have a borderwidth around the button action area. In HIG,
> > > alerts should have a uniform border around the whole alert, and the same
> > > spacing between buttons and the text. This isn't possible with a
> > > borderwidth set on the button action area. It would be nice to be able
> > > to change the borderwidth property on this control.
> >
> > I think I recently took out the GtkDialog action area border width property
> > because it is now determined by the theme. If Glade sets it it will just be
> > overridden by GTK+ when the style is set/changed. (I'll check, though.)

I've checked, and it is indeed a style property now, so I think it would
be wrong to set it in Glade. See update_spacings() in gtkdialog.c.

Also, you mentioned having a homogeneous property for the button box in
GtkDialog. However, button boxes are always homogeneous - it isn't
possible to turn that off.

I'll have a think about the best way to implement size groups.

Damon