Re: boooogs (yeah, 2.0.2 bugs)

> GNOME 2.0.2 bugs (the big ones)(insert appropriate handwaving here):
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?H48D21F81
>
> ATM, none of these are showstoppers- I feel we should ship even if some
> of these are still open. But most are pretty serious and in some way
> confirmed. If developers are going to fix anything this week, they
> should probably fix these.
>
> GNOME2.0.x bugs:
>
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2FD55F81

I just wanted to bring this to attention. There are two bugs (bug 81896
and bug 89980) that in themselves seem rather minor. When combined however
they make list view totally unusable (except as a pure browser) in
single-click mode.

It goes like this:
Bug 89980: a file cannot be dragged unless first selected. This would be
rather trivial if there was an easy way of selecting things.
Bug 81896 however breaks this workaround. It makes it almost impossible to
select files in list mode when using single click, because a click ALWAYS opens,
even if shift and ctrl is held down.

This all means that drag and drop is unusable in list-view when using
single-click.

If this is important enough to warrant a 2.0.x-milestone I don't know, but
I wasn't sure this was considered at all.

Gaute