"recent documents" menu in panel

Hi,

As you might be aware, I've been working on a solution for
storing/viewing recently used files.  Now that the code is becoming a
little more complete, I would like to start integrating it so maybe we
can get some of this in for 2.2.  One of the features I had
in mind is a "recent documents" menu/sub-menu in the
panel.  However, I have a few questions:

1)  Do we want to have this feature?  Also, the current code does not
show icons in the menu.  Do we want this as well?  What other UI
considerations should be made?

2)  It is my understanding that the panel uses VFolders to construct the
menus (and gtk to draw them).  Plopping the current code into the panel
would be easy, but it would not allow the user to move where the recent
files appear.  Do we want allow this?  Is it even possible to do this
with VFolders?

Thanks,
James

(sorry for the cross-post, but I think both lists may benefit from this)