Re: [Deskbar] iswitch-window handler

Hi !

> > I finally am getting around to announce on the mailing list the
> > handler I wrote last week.  If any of you are hold-outs from the
> > sawfish window manager, you will most likely be familiar with the
> > popular iswitch-window extension which is patterned after
> > iswitch-buffer in Emacs.  Basically, you hit a key, start typing a
> > portion of the window or application name and the list will be
> > narrowed down to the ones that match.  Hit enter, and it will switch
> > to it.

I added this handler in deskbar HEAD cvs, for the pleasure of the
masses, and also because more than one user asked me to do it.

I cleaned it up, and made some style changes to comply with deskbar code
style.

> > I need some help though...it won't always switch to the correct window
> > when I have to switch to another workspace.  If there are any wnck
> > gurus out there, I'd appreciate a look-see.
>
> Wnck guru, sorry, that is definitely not me...

If you are using sawfish as window manager, then things are definitely
broken in an unfixable way. Here using metacity is works always, and
like a charm...

If you use metacity, can you describe me the steps to reproduce ?

Raf