[Deskbar] Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Deskbar Applet

Hello Raphael and Beno�

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 15:53 +0200, Beno�Dejean wrote:
> Le samedi 29 octobre 2005 �3:54 +0200, Raphael Slinckx a �it :
> > How can i know that ? More generally, are there good python
> > performance/memory profilers ?
>
> For CPU usage, you have the standard library profiler and the timeit
> module. See chapter "Python Profiler" in python2.4-lib. But I never
> found any free/libre memory profiler for python.

Did you just ask me to pimp my new profiler? I think you did!

http://wingolog.org/archives/2005/10/28/profiling

Python's gc module doesn't really provide much in the way of statistics,
though. Like "Total objects allocated", "total bytes allocated", etc. I
would be interested in hearing ideas about how to profile memory usage
though. If there's a plausible way to do it I can hack something up.

[Not cc'ing ddl, i think this discussion is rather tiring over there]

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/