[Deja-dup-hackers] 20.0 Plans

Hello!  I realized it's been a while since I emailed the group.  I
have a tendency to work in my corner and not communicate!

So 18.0 is out the door and looking good:
https://launchpad.net/deja-dup/+announcement/8114

On to 20.0 in October!

This will be GTK+ 3 only (already changed in trunk) and use the new
GNOME Control Center panel system instead of a separate preferences
dialog (not yet in trunk, but I've got working code).  It will add
support for Ubuntu One (didn't quite make it into duplicity for 18.0).
 And will probably have some other nifty things as they come up.

I'm considering de-emphasizing or removing the main UI and just have
Deja Dup live as a control center panel.  With buttons there to launch
a manual back up or restore.  I haven't fully fleshed that idea out in
my head, but it makes sense to try to appear more as a background part
of the OS than a separate app.

Besides the above changes, I'll probably try to focus a bit more than
usual on duplicity bugs.  Maybe flesh out their test suite.  I'd like
to help reduce restore bugs to a minimum.  Those are the worst.

Let me know what you think!

-mt