Re: Zip file uri's / hashtable

	I'm writing a Gtk+ app that plays music files. It's got the usual
operations for finding/opening/reading files from the local filesystem,
but I want to also get files from remote filesystems, via HTTP or FTP.
Do you know where to find the docs for the GNOME/Freedesktop system for
handing off a URL to whichever app is registered for transport (eg.
HTTP) and then to whichever app is registered for rendering (eg. .mp3)?
gnome-open cryptically works a bit, and gnome_show_url(), but they leave
some unsightly garbage (the intermediary apps) on the screen. How to get
this stuff to work cleanly?

	BTW, great work on Dashboard/Beagle. I'm looking forward to an
implementation someday for my Treo PalmOS smartphone, maybe once PalmOS
is just a Linux mode. It's probably the only way to do for smartphones
what desktops did for PCs.
--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein