backend implementations

Hi all,

I saw the demos of Beagle on nat.org yesterday and was very impressed!, nice work! I had a few ideas for back-ends but mainly just wanted to have a play to see how it all worked.

I've been having a read through the wiki and various other places and have found information about coding front-ends and renderers but haven't been able to find much about coding back-ends.  Can a back end be written in a language other than C# and communicate exclusively over D-BUS?

Thanks,

Jamie Hillman