LaunchBar

Hi guys,
I've been watching beagle and best with interest, and thought now was
about the right time to ask about one of my personal "would rock to
have on a free desktop" wishlist items:
LaunchBar, which is an OS X app, available here:
http://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/
It combines search and app execution - you open the launch bar with a
key combo, type a few letters of the application, document etc you
want to open, and can then select from the list of matches, with your
most used match coming first, so:
Cmd+Space, go, enter
would take me to Google, all without having to move hands away from
the keyboard.
I think Gnome/MDE has now pretty much reached the level of integration
needed to do this, and with beagle doing the search/index side we can
take this on nicely.
Has anyone thought about the infrastructure needed to acheive this?
Cheers,
-Thom