dbus-launch behaviour

Hi all.

The man page for dbus-launch states:

 With  no  arguments,  dbus-launch  will  simply  print  the  values  of
 DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS and DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID.

but every time I do that I get a new daemon runing as well, eg:

[rob cailleach rob]$ ps -A| grep dbus
 5157 ?        00:00:00 dbus-launch
 5158 ?        00:00:00 dbus-daemon-1
 5477 ?        00:00:00 dbus-daemon-1
[rob cailleach rob]$ dbus-launch
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS='unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-ClyHji8IOF'
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=5529
[rob cailleach rob]$ ps -A| grep dbus
 5157 ?        00:00:00 dbus-launch
 5158 ?        00:00:00 dbus-daemon-1
 5477 ?        00:00:00 dbus-daemon-1
 5529 ?        00:00:00 dbus-daemon-1
[rob cailleach rob]$

also, when launched the environmet is not set, so beagle can not find the dbus until I manually enter the variable in a shell and then launch beagled

The man says:

 Finally, you may use the --sh-syntax,  --csh-syntax,  or  --auto-syntax
 commands to cause dbus-launch to emit shell code to set up the environ-
 ment.  This is useful in shell scripts.

so I do:

[rob cailleach rob]$ dbus-launch --auto-syntax
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS='unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-jElO6fvJT2'
export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=5586
[rob cailleach rob]$ export | grep DBUS
[rob cailleach rob]$