Re: Exceptions while running beagled (CVS)

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 12:56 -0700, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:
> I have just updated beagle and dbus version 0.22 (checked-out from the
> cvs 5 days ago) and latest inotify kernel and i am using SuSE 9.1.

Did you create /dev/inotify?  Quoting rml:

You need to create the device node by hand, and its minor number can
change so you MUST be vigilant about ensuring it is up to date.  This
won't be an issue in the product because we can have udev do this for
us.

First, get the minor number:

        $ dmesg | grep ^inotify

You will see something like

        inotify 0.9 minor=63

inotify is a misc device, so the major is 10:

        % mknod /dev/inotify c 10 63