filter development for beagle

Hi guys,

I've been speaking with Lahey and  Varadhan about Filters for beagle
and I've been told that getting a working pdf filter would be really
cool.

So, I've been researching this for a couple days now and I've
discovered a lot of java based tools for pdf->text filtering.

Here's my question... would it be uncool if I just tried to IKVM the
java code inorder to test/check out some of these filters in beagle?

I'm not sure how hard up all of you are on porting stuff to C# - I
mean it would take a little longer to port some of this stuff to C#
and for the sake of technical exercise (showing mono's flexibility)
and speed I'd like to try and get this working via IKVM.

thanks,
Chris