Re: Beagle roadmap.

> Filters
> -------
>
>         Team: Veerapuram Varadhan
>
>         The mission is to make sure Beagle can read the most important
>         files off your disk.
>
>         Jon and Varadhan wrote up a task list for this.  Essentially,
>         the following filters are important and need work, in
>         approximate priority order:  MS Office, PDF, PostScript,
>         Monodoc, RTF, Texi, Man, ID3 tags, RPM.
>
>         Varadhan will be making his way through this list as best he
>         can.  Anyone else who wants to work on these is obviously
>         welcome; filters are one of the most parallelizable pieces of
>         work in Beagle, so everyone is encouraged to join.

If I remember correctly patches for a few of these filters have been
sent to the list over the past couple months.  Some of them might
require some love for the ever changing beagle, but might want to
check the list archives so instead of doing unnecissaray work.

For those of you who want to do some beagle hacking but havn't yet,
creating a filter is fairly simple and a great place to start.  More
info about coading filters can be located on the wiki:
http://www.beaglewiki.org

-- Joe Gasiorek