Re: A few small Beagle bits

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Christopher Orr wrote:

I don't know of any such libraries, I'm afraid. But are you sure this is the best way to go about things? I believe the preference with Beagle is to index data already on your computer rather than access the network/implement many different protocols.

That seems like a very sensible strategy. I just use pine which deals directly with the IMAP server and maintains no local cache. Perhaps the simplest thing for me to do is just use some other software to maintain a local cache of my IMAP folders and then do a trivial LuceneQueryable derivation that indexes those files directly.

The fiddly bit is handling deletions I suppose, which I don't think the current MailQueryable implementation handles either.

-- mdb samskivert com