Re: PATCH: Load and display gaim aliases

Hi,

On 04/10/04 07:16, Matt Jones wrote:
Hi - I've attached a patch that allows beagle to read and display
aliases from gaim's buddy list file. It currently reads the buddy list
upon the first demand for an alias, and will reuse the buddy list as
long as it remains up-to-date (it uses FileSystemEventMonitor to watch
blist.xml). If blist.xml is modified in any way (ie any event is
generated involving it), the list is re-read. Unfortunately, I haven't
yet figured out how to re-render upon changes in aliases, as aliases are
parsed upon display rather than indexing. But they do change upon the
next search (so search for something, change the alias and it will be
indexed, search again and the new alias will be used).

Excellent. Thanks, it works nicely. However, I use Gaim's meta-contacts and have the contact aliased, not the individual buddies. e.g. my blist.xml mainly consists of entries such as this:

<contact alias="Martyn">
  <buddy account="me example com" proto="prpl-msn">
    <name>martyn example net</name>
  </buddy>
  <buddy account="protactin" proto="prpl-yahoo">
    <name>yahoomartyn</name>
  </buddy>
</contact>

Being able to extract the contact alias from that would be nice. I may take a look at the code again later as it doesn't look like it should be too much extra effort.. I think.

Thanks,
Chris