Re: RSS Feed Indexer

agreed. would love to have scoble's comments indexed and searchable
along with nat's, miguel's, joe's, rob's, erik's, etc.

as for approach, i'm thinking the "get from straw, etc" option has more
legs, b/c i've had issues with the way feeds are handled in the browser.
and many sites don't use the:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/tecosystems"; />

tag in their source which i'd assume you'd have to use in the second
approach.

i'm curious however if the integration to the client is necessary short
term. i know that's the process with Evolution, GAIM, etc, but i'm
curious as to whether or not it'd be sufficient to simply index the
local cache. blogs, after all, tend to be far less real time than
email/im.

but either way i'm all for it.