Summary of Decisions? (lunar calendar)

Well - i've very quickly browsed the source using lxr of gnomecal. I
mainly looked at the month-item which looks like it may need to be
slightly 'adjusted' to fit with lunar-calendar support. One hardcoded
factor it appears is that you can have a maximum of 42 days per month
(per the canvas design). I don't think that is a problem, right?

Also - there are two inherent problems with lunar calendar support in
gnome-pim. One is the UI, and the other is the 'backend' stuff - I'm
beginning to think the backend stuff will be easier. Also, from reading
the source I've noticed the 'quirks' in the calendar - e.g. 11 days were
just 'dropped' from the calendar for example. Weird. Note: I once wrote
(in TurboPascal) a calendar that calculated the starting day of the month
based on the date from 1,1, 1901 - it umm, worked perfectly so the
'dropping of 11 days' had no effect :) but anyway - I'd like to work on
getting the backend in first. I am not the maintainer of gnome-pim so i
can not make decisions? so basically what I'm asking for is for the
developers/maintainer of gnome-pim to tell me how they'd like lunar
calendar support to be done in gnome-pim. A summary or to-do list would
be nice :) One request - can we just forget about time issues for now
(for several reasons: 1. libastro isn't done 2. We can work on that after
we get the dates sorted out 3. Its not as important as the rest).

Also - how will development work on this? my suggestion is a branch on
CVS cos i think this is not going to be an easy patch to just apply to
the main-tree or whatever (and the main tree is in feature-freeze right now).