Re: [Banshee-List] Compiling banshee for SUSE

On 5/6/06, Anthony B. Coates <abcoates theoffice net> wrote:
Hi.  I'm trying to compile banshee 0.10.10 for SUSE Linux 10.0 (on an AMD
64-bit x2 system).  I tried the instructions at

http://banshee-project.org/Updating_Banshee_on_SUSE_Linux

but they didn't work; the 'configure' script complained that it couldn't
find 'helix-dbus-server'.  I did find an RPM for this, but that RPM wants
a version of dbus that is later than the one supplied with SUSE 10.0 (and
I couldn't find a suitable dbus RPM for 10.0).

Use the --disable-helix argument when you run configure. Unless you
really want to use Helix, this will be fine.

Michael