Re: [Banshee-List] Smartplaylists & normalized model

On 3/30/06, Oscar Forero <oforero novell com> wrote:
> I think Smart play list could work exactly the same way only using a
> dynamically generated filter, then the live update will come for free
> without any reloading of the model.
>
> Please take a look of my current Browser implementation, you can change
> the Genre of a track and that will disappear automatically from the
> Genre view ...

Hi Oscar.  Thanks for your ideas.  The way I've started to implement
the SmartPlaylists is by saving the condition under which a Track is
in the playlist (Artist = 'DMB' and NumberOfPlays > 4).  I do not plan
on wiping out all the tracks and adding them again when a single Track
changes - I will test that track against the condition and add/remove
it as needed.

I will look at your Browser code before continuing, as it sounds like
your stuff could work great.

Thanks,

Gabriel