[Banshee-List] Nomad Jukebox and Banshee

Hi everybody,

I'm a happy owner of a Creative Nomad Jukebox 1 (Product ID 0x0222), and
I've been having some trouble to get it working with banshee.

When I connect my NJB to my PC, it shows up in banshee, but no tracks
are shown. The following exception is thrown :

System.ApplicationException: Frame data is not uint16
in <0x00051> Njb.SongFrame:get_DataShort ()
in <0x00025> Njb.Song:GetFrameShort (System.String label)
in <0x00010> Njb.Song:get_IsProtected ()
in <0x0028a> Banshee.Dap.Njb.NjbDapTrackInfo:LoadFromNjbSong
(Banshee.Dap.DapDevice dap)
in <0x0001f> Banshee.Dap.Njb.NjbDapTrackInfo:.ctor (Njb.Song song,
Banshee.Dap.DapDevice dap)
in <0x0008c> Banshee.Dap.Njb.NjbDap:ReloadDatabase ()
in <0x00598> Banshee.Dap.Njb.NjbDap:Initialize (Hal.Device halDevice)
in <0x0004c> Banshee.Dap.DapCore:AddDevice (Hal.Device device,
System.Type type)

After some investigations, here's what I found :
In njb-sharp, the frames containing the "Year" and the "PlayOnly" data
are supposed to be UInt16 frames.
After playing around with the njb-test program, I found out that on my
NJB these frames are String frames. I don't know if that's the case with
all NJB 1, or if my library is messed up.

I'm not quite sure how to fix this, without being too permissive on the
frame types or breaking anything...

Thanks for any input or suggestion...

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz free fr>