address book blues

Hi,

I'm just starting to use balsa and I'm wondering how do I add/edit/erase contacts in the address book. I'd like do create some frequently used mailing lists as well. As far as I can tell, the address book support in balsa is very minimal. Do I need some external tools to edit the LDIF file? If so, where can I get them (I've been unable to find any). Do I really need to set-up a (local) LDAP server just to get the above-mentioned functionality?

Best regards,
Uroš