Re: mark as read

On 11/23/2004 01:03:16 PM, Jerry wrote:
On 11/23/2004 12:51:49 PM, Steffen Klemer wrote:

Yes, but the button implies "Toggle" - you toggle the unread-
flag of the message away... ;)

Yes, that makes sense in a quirky sort of way - toggle them all
to Unread and then inverse that.  I think Mark/Unread and Mark/
Read might be a bit more clear for the average user, imo.

Jerry

I agree--"Toggle flag" has probably caused more confusion for new
users than any other BalsaQuirk.  Let's go for
Message
Mark Selected >
 Read
 Unread
 Deleted
 Undeleted
 Answered
 Unanswered
 Flagged
 Unflagged

While we're at it, we might as well make the popup menu more
consistent with the Message menu by replacing Toggle Flag with a
similar Mark Selected, replacing Delete and Undelete with Move to
Trash, and leave the flag changes to the Mark Selected item.

We could also be consistent with the placement of View Source and
Store Address (both at the bottom?), or would that just be too
much consistency?