NVidia note

Balsa was starting to get kind of slow on startup - and while it was being slow at starting, everything else was slow too (like opening an xterm)

I thought it was having trouble with the size of my mailboxs.

Then I ran into a scenario where grep segfaulted on my. Repeatable.
Turns out the NVidia closed source binary driver was to blame - sent it packing, and balsa suddenly sped up at startup again.

That may not be universal experience - but I thought I'd share it.