Deleted mail still visible?

This has probably already been discussed, but I have looked through my archived list email and haven't found it ... apologies if this is a repetition of something already discussed.

I recently installed 2.2.0-1 (originally from downloaded rpm, then from binary which I rebuilt here from the src rpm), but have gone back to 2.0.17.

The reason is the failure of the "Hide deleted messages" action - I can't find a single instance of a case wherein a deleted message is hidden. Just to be safe I checked - yes, I do have HideDeleted set to true in my config file.

This would probably not be a problem, except that I am on several mailing lists and in addition have a high volume of email traffic on this system.

Is there a fix in the works for this feature (so far as I can tell it worked nicely until the Settings>Misc>Deleted Messages>Hide deleted messages checkbox was removed, but that could be a coincidence???), or am I stuck at 2.1.17 for a while?

Not a complaint or whining - just wondering.

Thanks

--
William W. Austin 			   waustin speakeasy net
"Life is just a phase I'm going through... this time, anyway..."