Re: Idiot question

Hi,

> It didn't happen to me (RH9, Gnome, Metacity).  I've never tried it, but I
> highlighted the list address in your message, clicked the `compose' button,
> then right-clicked in the `To:' field, and the address was pasted in.  Ctrl
> +C in the original, click `compose', Ctrl+V in the compose window worked
> also.  Perhaps it's a window-manager difference.

I think not, because it happens to me too (Debian Sid, Gnome, Metacity, Balsa
2.0.15). If I try X windows way to copy email address (select copies to
clipboard, middle mouse button click copies from clipboard) it does not work,
because the From address is selected and it overwrites your desired selection.
If you use M$ Windows way of CTRL-C and CTRL-V it works. The simple workaround
would be not to highlight From address, then both ways will work. In my
opinion highlighting From address is not useful anyways.

Mpiktas

PGP signature