Re: [Q] : could someone report success with filters on reception ?

On 09/18/03 16:36:52, Francisco Ortiz Santini wrote:
> On 2003.09.18 16:21, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
>> On 09/18/2003, emmanuel ALLAUD wrote:
>> [ snip ]
>>> Yes we should definitely make it clearer and usable. Though I don't
>>> have any suggestion there (moreover Francisco pointed also that it
>>> is confisuing to have filters in 2 different top-level menus...)

>> OK, so maybe we need a new Filters menu, with Filters => Edit (which
>> pops up the same dialog as Edit => Filters...) and Filters => Apply
>> ((which pops up the same dialog as Mailbox => Edit/Apply Filters)?
>>
>> Or were we trying to cut down on the number of menus...? ;-)

> I don't know if this would be a good suggestion or make any sense,
> but I would consider moving the filter menu under "Mailbox" to the
> Edit/Filters menu as a third tab, that would be: "Match", "Action"
> and "Mailbox" or "Mailbox to apply" or something like that. So, the
> end-user would know the match that he/she has to create, the action
> to be performed, and what mailboxes (either defaults or created)
> would affected by the new filter, as well as deciding whether the
> action should take place immediately or after closing Balsa. Hope
> this helps for something.

As one of the users that had problems with this, I'd like to put in my
five cents worth.
How about just
Mailbox -> "Edit filters" (what Edit->Filters.. is now) and
Mailbox -> "Apply Filters"
(which is currently called "Edit/Apply Filters").

Following the K.I.S.S.-principle...

Regards,
	Kacper