Re: Sending mail with SSL/TLS

Am 03.09.2003 16:21 schrieb(en) Gerardo Ballabio:
> I've been using balsa happily for a couple of years, but now I've
> just changed job and the mail server at my new location requires SMTP
> authentication and SSL/TLS encryption in order for outgoing mail to
> be sent. I haven't been able to get it to work. I invariably get this
> message:
> "Could not send the message to [address deleted]:
> 554: <[address deleted]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied
> Message left in your outbox."

As far as I can tell, this feature is at least partially broken. Balsa
fails on a server where Sylpheed and mozilla succeed to send and auth
via SSL/TLS. Didn't investigate that any further, sorry.

> I guess I must generate a certificate, but don't know how. (I tried
> to supply a dummy pass phrase hoping that Balsa would generate it for
> me, but it didn't.) I've never used SSL or TLS before.

Clients don't generate certificates, they only accept/validate the
servers certificate. That's all I can say, there might be much more
details behind. ;)

Darko Obradovic

PGP signature