Re: crashed on Re: Balsa has started crashing on me -- bugbuddy report attached

On 08/25/2003, Eliseev Vladimir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A funny thing occured with my Balsa 2.0.13 (Solaris 8 for
> SPARC): every time I'm clicking the subjected message I crashed
> the program.  The first time I thought the message was a test
> case itself but further change my mind :-)  Debugging displays
> the place of the problem: strlen
> (NULL).  The message has a bit incomplete rfc822 attachment
> information:
>
> --EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU
>
> From: Bobby D. Bryant <>
> To: You can see empty address in "from" part of header.  This
> will cause body->embhdrs->from=NULL with evident result on
> Solaris.
>
> ATTENTION! Developer, please be aware that *printf("%s", NULL)
> on Linux will work correctly but on Solaris will cause SIGSEGV!
>
> The proposed patch of the problem is attached.
>
> Best regards,
>                               Eliseev Vladimir

Thanks for the report! A similar fix was committed to cvs over
the weekend, making _("(No sender)") the uniform fix for a
missing sender. Yours is more appropriate for this particular
message--I just went for the simplest!