Re: [BUG REPORT] balsa crashes upon receiving new mail

On 13.03.02 10:52 Carlos Morgado wrote:

  [snip]
> ok, this is much better than before :) i think this can be traced
> directly
> to the mbox index being rebuilt and bindex (UI) not being notified. i'm
> curious about *why* this hapens though as this is one of those things
> that should afect a lot of people. only reason for this to happen i can
> think of is libmutt fastclosing and reopening the mailbox from under us.
  [snip]
> can you print *message at this point ?

Ok, I now traced the problem a little further, it turned out to be a
classic case of PEBKAC ;) Please remind me to never hack .procmailrc at
odd hours of the night, it's always bad news! Oddly enough, I had two bad
procmail recipes, mail was being delivered to <maildir>/cur instead of
<maildir>/new. Even more oddly, out of 80 something different mailboxes
with correct procmail recipes, those were the _two_ mailboxes I had
opened, which made balsa crash. But, since I fixed .procmailrc,
everything is kosher, no more crashes. Someone hand me the brown paper
bag, please 8) *sigh*

[snip]

>> First, Balsa is not properly updating the Unread Messages count, in
>> the mailboxes pane. If I open a mailbox with 100 unread messages,
>> it'll stay at 100, unless I either (a) close and re-open that mailbox
>> or (b) read (or mark as read) _ALL_ the messages.
>>

> atm that's cosmetic iirc. important is bindex gets correctly updated.
> doesn't it ?

Yes, its merely cosmetic, bindex gets updated correctly, everything works
as expected, just the unread message count wont budge. That hurts my
aesthetic taste somewhat, but it's something I can definitely live with 8)

>> Secondly, there is some misbehave in the dynamic signature changing,
>> when cruising through different identities. I have an identity whose
>> signature is a perl script that spews out random quotes. It works fine
>> of course, but if I try to change to another identity afterwards, the
>> signature wont change. This only happen with 'executable' signatures,
>> If they are plain
>
> ok, sounds pretty easy to fix, i hope :)

Great 8)

Anyhow, I have (yet) two more things I think are worth mentioning. I
recall someone referring to this one in the list, a while ago - if I open
a message in a new window, and if the headers are somewhat lengthy (large
to: or cc: list), there will be quite a few lines of blank space at the
bottom of the headers pane. However, if I resize the window or if I
switch between full and selected headers mode, those lines will go away.
Again, this is merely cosmetic, it doesnt hurt anything.

And the second case happens in threaded view. In a thread with a couple
of messages nested in several layers, expanded (^E) to view the full
tree, when I double click any message that has some more messages nested
below it, they will all be collapsed from that point. It shouldn't be,
right?

Thanks again 8)

Regards,

   -- nuno