Re: Balsa crashes when receiving email

Me again...

It seems there's a clear lack of information in my previous post. It must
be something to do with my sleeping patterns being screwed up or I'm just
plain dumb. The odds are on the latter.

Anyway, here's gdb full dump, including the backtrace..

[mail]$ gdb balsa
GNU gdb 19990928
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/balsa
opening Inbox..
[New Thread 13872 (manager thread)]
[New Thread 13871 (initial thread)]
[New Thread 13873]
[New Thread 13874]
[Switching to Thread 13874]

gtk_type_check_object_cast (type_object=0x73207265, cast_type=48405)
    at gtktypeutils.c:624
624       if (!type_object->klass)
(gdb) bt
#0  gtk_type_check_object_cast (type_object=0x73207265, cast_type=48405)
    at gtktypeutils.c:624
#1  0x80ac53c in libbalsa_mailbox_pop3_check (mailbox=0x73207265)
    at mailbox_pop3.c:267
#2  0x76726573 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x204b4f2b.
(gdb)

Also important is that this happens regardless to the balsa version I'm
using. I've reproduced it with both stock 1.2.3 and the latest cvs
checkout (1.3.0).

A final note. It happens when retrieving mail via POP and _only_ if
there's a email to be actually retrieved. If the server is empty, it won't
crash.

Sorry for the prior lack of info. Hope it helps now.

// Paulo Andre'