Re: Delete from IMAP mailbox without transferring message from server?

Hi,

On 2001.10.25 23:13 Pawel Salek wrote:
> (deletion) for message removal. The "move to trash" action is not yet
> optimized for IMAP, unfortunately.

None of the move options are. The only way to optimize "Move to trash"
would be if the trash can was on the IMAP server as well. If Trash is a
local box, it will always mean to transfer the message.
Maybe it would be a good idea to have a prefs option: "Try to keep mail on
same server when deleting", that would automatically move the mail to a
"Trash" folder on the same server, if present, local mail to a local trash
folder, unless there isn't one, and the system default trash folder if it
cannot be avoided.
I like to have "Trash" to recover accidentally deleted messages, but it
doesn't have to be a single folder, IMHO. I could live with having trash
folders on every server separately, I don't have to recover mail often and
the time spent searching through the trash on every server is less than the
time spent transferring mail from all servers to a local trash can,
especially when there are large attachments.

Melanie