Re: little question

On 2001.10.16 02:39 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> hello people,

Hi, Ali :)

> as you might know, i am trying to give my best for balsa.
> i am not always right with what i am doing or with what
> i reply to people but it was never my intention to annoy
> or offend people.

<snipped for brevity>

> now this morning i woke up and scanned my mailbox for new
> mail and i got this friendly piece of email written by one
> of our subscribed mailinglist friends (using aolmailer on
> windows) with this content. i have thought about that mail
> for some time since i cant belive people doing this. well
> i am muslim thats right, i am student and i live in germany
> that is right too but we are not criminals. nowadays its
> hard having a normal life again because of what happened
> some weeks ago. do you really think that writing such shit
> makes you different ?

Don't feel bad, Ali, I got a similar kind of note (minus the bin Laden
references) from the same person this evening, and I'm as generic an
American as they come (my last name happens to be English). I sent a note
back to him pointing out his rudeness and asking him not to do it again. I
also Cc'ed it to balsa-list-admin. My sincere sympathies - I wish we didn't
have to deal with such, but there you go.

And if all else fails, I have a .procmailrc and I know how to use it...
<tee hee hee>

Raven (or David, or whoever I am this week)
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<dmstowell@ameritech.net>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price