Re: Slightly improved error checking in send.c

On 2001.10.02 23:55:35 +0200 Pawel Salek wrote:
> Well, I would like to make this kind of reports dissapear, the problem is,
> I cannot reproduce these problems for some reason. I tried even doing ssh
> session to a box in another country connected by a cable-modem, running
> balsa over forwarded X connection and connecting to yet another IMAP
> server. This was slow like heck (I guess we could improve here a bit), but
> it worked. With threads enabled, of course. Perhaps I was just lucky,
> but...
>
> So, what is needed is a way to reproduce these problems. Narrowing the
> search is a crucial part of the bug fixing process.

well, i ran balsa through gdb and whenever comming to that point
i get 'balsa normally exited' when pressing on check. cant do much
more..

theres also a bug when pressing 'g' to reply to group often, the TO
field is empty. this means reply to group is somehow broken.

and the other problems are known too, why releasing a 1.2.1 that
fast there are still a bunch of things open that should be solved
first. 1.2.0 is ok it was a perfect release done perfectly in time
but for a 1.2.1 its to early since you can easily piss people off
because of the 'collapse and expand' feature that dont work
perfectly and the fact that often 'next unread messages' wont get
the messages correctly anymore not to mention that the last unread
message often wont be shown..

i think pthreads and this one should be solved before releasing
1.2.1 .. but thats only my opinion.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de