Re: PATCH: balsa-subject

On 2001.10.02 15:51:30 +0200 Brian Stafford wrote:
> On Tue,  2 October 14:25 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
>
> >  neverthless this isnt the SOLUTION in how it should behave really.
> >   a) it uses the 'is_ready_to_send(BalsaSendmsg * bsmsg)' which also
> >     checks for '@' signs in the text entered. but this shouldnt be
> >     a problem at all.
>
> Its true that mailbox addresses sent on the internet should be
> fully formed i.e. "rfc2822-atom@domain.name" syntax (it can't be delivered
> otherwise :).  If the MUA submits the message on port 25, this should be
> enforced by the UA.

yeah, this functionality wasnt touched by me at all. it just show
the people that i included the check for subjects in the same function
at least ever tried to enter things like this 'foo@foo@foo@foo@foo.com'
looks funny :)

> >  b) i dont know if this is RFC conform at all :)
>
> RFC 2822 only requires a message to have originator and date headers.
> (I know this because libESMTP incorrectly insisted on recipient
> headers and I got told off for this mistake :( )
>
> >  c) the right way would look like this. if you press either send,
> >     postphone or queue, then at least a function should check for
> >     an empty subject then open a dialog where you can enter the
> >     subject or leave it empty.
>
> This sounds reasonable to me.  RFC 2822 does not require a message to
> have a subject.  However a missing subject is most likely a mistake
> on the user's part.  It doesn't hurt for balsa to double check with the
> user.  What I don't like is Nutscrape's habit of unexpectedly adding
> "(No Subject)" if I leave the subject empty.

yeah, well i am thinking about having a little dialog popup with a
textline inside and 3 buttons below

.----------------------------------------------.
|                                              |
|  [(No Subject)                            ]  |
|                                              |
| [Leave Empty] [Accept Subject] [Cancel Sent] |

well could also be named differently but something like this whenever
someone press sent, queue or postpone without a subject.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de